Costumes Costumes everywhere

It seems that I have fallen off my blogging wagon again.  But that might have something to do with my over the top work schedule the last few months.  All I can say is thank goodness for good day planners and colorful pens!  I don't know how I would have kept everything organized otherwise.
Last summer I took a leap of faith leaving my job at the time for a more independent work environment.  It was a scary choice to leave a steady paycheck to find place where I felt like I was more appreciated and respected.  But it has been an amazing step in my life and I am busier than ever. In the last few months I have been part of three productions.  For some I was working on choreography but a lot of time has been focused on costuming.  So here is  glimpse of the last three months of my life....

                                                          Margaret Atwood's : The Penelopiad

The story of the Odyssey told from Penelope's point of view.  I did a lot of modification with hand dying dress, embellishing with leather elements, layering costumes to create several looks for multiple characters.  It was a very powerful production put on by a local high school.









Disney's Cinderella Jr

The traditional Disney take of the fairy tale of Cinderella in a shortened version.  I was able to work on the production of the show as well as costuming the kids.  This was a really fun show to costume using a large selection of donated prom dresses.  Nothing says fun like puffy 80 style prom dresses.  




And somewhere in all of this there was Halloween with these fantastic costumes :)



In the next few weeks I will be jumping right back in to more shows.  I am doing set design, costuming and choreography in the upcoming months.  More fun and always super busy...but so happy.



Comments

Popular Posts