My Midsummer Puck Dream

After five years of being backstage costuming, choreographing and teching shows, this summer I have been given the amazing opportunity to step back on stage.  In true Katie fashion I have leap in with both feet taking on the role of Puck in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Honestly I never thought I would ever be in a show that wasn't a musical because singing and dancing is where I feel the most at home.  But when I was offered this chance I decided to jump on the opportunity to push myself and grow.

The last few weeks as I have been super busy as I balanced rehearsals, work, family and the shows...but it has been worth every mile driven and every minute of time towards to goal. We are now half way through our run and have had sold out audiences every single night.  What an amazing experience! And what a wonderful reminder that if you don't put yourself out there you could be missing an amazing adventure.

Tomorrow we start weekend two of our production in the Raleigh Rose garden next to the Raleigh Little Theatre.  I am so lucky to be working with a talented group of actors and directors and joining the Seed Art Share family.  The best part of it all is that my parents came down from Connecticut to see my opening weekend.  It was so special to come out in the play space and see them sitting there.

"I am feared in field and town!"
And yes I did make my costume :)

Comments

Popular Posts