Happy Halloween / I survived another production

I can hardly believe that it is November already.  It seems like just the other day that I was working on my blankets and getting ready for the school year to start.  And poof just like that it is the first week of November and the Fall play has come and gone. 

This year we did "She Kills Monsters" which was a fun and exciting challenge.  The show takes place half in the world of 1995 and half in the world of Dungeons and Dragons.  I got to do all my favorite things make masks, and puppets, and choreograph and epic 90s dance routine.  I partnered up with the arts classes to make the masks.  Our ceramics classes made the clay renderings for the masks, then so many people helped paper mache the heads, and last the visual arts classes painted them. I explored using EVA foam to make the dragon heads.  I have been watching videos about using EVA foam so it was fun to have a reason to try it out.  It took me a little while to get the contact cement to cooperate but once I got the hand of it I really enjoyed the process.  I love teaching the kids how to work with new materials, and getting them excited about puppeting was also great. 

Kobold Masks for "She Kills Monsters"
Bugbear Masks for "She Kills Monsters"




The show wrapped up just in time for Halloween.  While I didn't get to carve pumpkins with the baby goats which was the big thing in my area this year I did get to carve jack-o-lanterns before Halloween day.  I didn't sew any new costumes because all my time leading up to the day was spent on creating items for the show but I did piece together a costumes.  I used my Minnie ears that I bought in Disney this year to make a cute outfit.  I loved my trick-or-treaters who were surprised when I opened the door all dressed up. 




Now that I have a little time to myself again I am hoping to get back to some of my neglected projects...and my neglected blog. 

Comments

Popular Posts