I made socks :)


I love a good lazy weekend.  Especially since I can't even remember the last time that I didn't have to work on the weekend.  But I survived the craziness of October and rewarded myself with a relaxing weekend reading and working on some long unfinished projects.                                                                                                                          I am not sure when I started these socks but I recently found these tucked away in a bag. Once was finished and one was still on the needles ready to have the heel turned.  So now just in time for the weather finally starting to feel like fall I have cozy new socks that I made myself.  
I used Susan B Anderson's sock pattern but I didn't rib them.  At first I thought I would like the look of a rolled top sock but then after finishing I didn't dig the way it looked.  So I took a small crochet hook and did a few rows of crochet at the top.  It made a nice mini cuff but I think next time I will rib the cuffs.  Overall I think this pattern is simple, straight forward, and easy to follow.  I have been using double pointed needles but I am also interested in trying it out on 9 inch circular needles.  Some day I would love to figure out the 2 at a time sock knitting but for now I am enjoying mastering a new skill. 

Comments

Popular Posts