Adventures in hand felting:

When visiting a local farmers market with my parents I happened upon a woman selling beautifully hand dyed wool roving and I feel in love with it.  I had never used wool roving before despite years of knitting but it was too beautiful to pass up so i picked up an assortment of the fibers.  I didn't really know what to do with the roving at first so it just sat looking pretty on my desk for sometime.  
    
Then one day I got the idea to felt it like I had been felting up purses I had knit for years and now I just can't get enough of it.  



In no time I had a pile of bright cheery beads that make fun chunky but light weight jewelry.  This was the tip of my fun with hand felting ice berg.  When my birthday rolled around I asked for hand felting needles and a felting pad.  Armed with a new load of colorful roving I entered the next phase of my adventure.  With my felting needles in hand I was able to create flowers and butterflies either as free standing items or applied directly onto other items I have knitted. 


I'm sure I will continue to find new exciting ways to use my roving and my friends and family will sure to benefit from it. :)


Comments

Popular Posts