Yet another project...

So yesterday when I was sorting through some bags under my desk I found a treasure that I had completely forgotten about...a collection of old t-shirts that I had cut into strip to made rag yarn.  About two years ago I had an over haul of my drawers when they were getting to full to shut.  I had so many t-shirts that I never really wore anymore but that I was hanging on to because I had picked them up on my travels or they were from some concert I went to.  Bottom line I didn't want to get rid of them...but I wasn't wearing them anymore.  So i cut out all the graphics from the shirts to be used in some kind of project (which I confess has not happened yet) and was left with this pile colorful t-shirts that I couldn't just throw away.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I knew that someday it would be put to good use. So naturally I put it in one of my many tote bags and it got tucked away till inspiration hit.  That bag got moved from Connecticut to Illinois...and over a year later I opened that bag and decided TODAY I will make something out of this jumble.  So after knotting and sorting and knotting some more I have a wonderful ball of t-shirt rag yarn that I am knitting into a blanket.  Because what is more comfy that a t-shirt for lying around the house...so a blanket made of t-shirts should be equally as comfy...or so is my thinking.  Pictures to come soon as the blanket progresses.  Right now I am about 5 shirts into the process with each shirt making between 1-1.5 inches.  So I will of course run out of shirts and go on a rampage to gather more.  I'm sure my loving friends and family will be passing off their unwanted shirts when I get desperate for more.

Blanket Update:
Here are the picture of my t-shirt blanket that I am working on...

Comments

Popular Posts